Thursday 30 October 2014

A Very Touching Video Of A 40-Year-Old Deaf Woman Hear for the First Time!

A woman from Gateshead burst into tears after hearing a sound for the first time!
hear1
Jo Milne was born deaf due to Usher syndrome, a rare and incurable genetic disorder that can cause hearing loss and visual impairment. During her 20s she also began to lose her sight. Now, at age 40, she was able to hear for the first time because of cochlear implants – surgically-implanted electronic device that can improve hearing by stimulating the auditory nerve.
hear2
hear3
The switch-on was the most emotional and overwhelming experience of my life and I’m still in shock now.Milne said. “The first day everybody sounded robotic and I have to learn to recognize what these sounds are as I build a sound library in my brain.
Milne acknowledged the team at the Midlands Implant Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, for the procedure. She said she is very pleased by the results of the ‘life-changing’ procedure.

 
hear4
Hearing things for the first time is so, so emotional, from the ping of a light switch to running water. I can’t stop crying.” Milne said. “I can already foresee how it’s going to be life changing and the implants will get better and better over time. I’m so, so happy.” She added.
Her friend, Tremayne Crossley, arranged an “Introduction to Music” playlist which was later on played out for Milne on BB6 Music. Crossley decided to record a video of her friend’s precious moment. Watch the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment