Saturday 24 January 2015

I made MI popular –Kelly Hansome


Popular singer, Kelly Hansome, is reputed as one of the most controversial artistes in the Nigerian music scene. He has had rifts with several artistes ranging from his former boss, Kenny Ogungbe to Don Jazzy, D’banj and even MI.Kelly Hansome

But the singer may be tired of all the ‘beef’ with his latest single, Baba Olowo where he praise-sang all the people he has had issues with.

Some might see such moves as a marketing strategy since he is no longer as popular as he used to be but in an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, the artiste said, “Praising people on my new song was not a strategy and my reason for doing it is because it is their time. They are the rave of the moment.”

Hansome believes that the issue he had with MI in particular, made the rap artiste to become popular today.

“A lot of people take things too personal at times, especially MI and Baba Keke. They took my music too personal. If I did not beef MI, he would not be where he is today. I am not the one that made him, he has Chocolate City and Audu Maikori to thank for that and they are my friends but at the end of the day, it was a marketing strategy for them. I put him at a point where people could listen and appreciate his music. I am looking forward to us working together.

“MI is at the top of his game; he has several endorsement deals. Because of the issues I had, the endorsement I was supposed to have with Globacom was cancelled and I don’t blame the company.

“Most of these people are successful today because they were able to cover up their controversies but the record label I thought was my record label did not cover up my controversy. Instead, they were the ones pushing it outside. In their mind, I had already been sentenced to death; they did not want me to be on top of my game again so that people would think they made me. I don’t know why they did that to me, I wish they could give me a reason. I wish we could be put on national television and speak our minds and clear the air. I have no hard feelings towards anybody. If they could not kill me then, they cannot kill me now,” he said.

He told Saturday Beats that he has since apologised to the people who felt offended by his song especially Ogungbe and MI.

“I see Baba Keke as my father; I don’t know how he sees me. The truth is that he is old enough to give birth to me and when it comes to business, he taught me virtually everything I know. If your father should shout on you when he is angry, it is your duty to go and meet him later to apologise. I went to meet him and said that I knew he was angry and wanted the best for me so we should forget everything. I apologised as a son and he ought to forgive. I called MI and told him that we could not continue with the beef and that was it,” he said.





No comments:

Post a Comment