Friday 12 June 2015

Arsenal and German playmaker Mesut Ozil targets Premier League title with Arsenal next season

The German is "proud" of the Gunners' FA Cup win, in what he describes as the hardest season of his career, but feels improvements can be made on home soil and in EuropeHD Mesut Ozil Arsenal Mesut Ozil has targeted winning the Premier League title with Arsenal next season.
After suffering a worst start to a campaign for over 30 years, the Gunners yet again failed to mount a credible challenge for top spot as Chelsea claimed a first league crown in five years in dominant fashion.
Ozil, though, feels a number of injuries to first-team players - including the likes of himself, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere - hampered Arsenal's progress but is now confident of improvement home and abroad.
"We had bad luck with injuries this season," he is quoted as saying by Kicker. "But next season we can win the Premier League and go further in the Champions League."
Ozil missed three months of the season, which he calls his "hardest", with a knee ligament injury but returned as Arsenal won 13 of their last 17 league games to finish first and retained the FA Cup.
He said: "It was a very long season. I guess it was the hardest in my career. The first time in my life I had to deal with a serious injury. It feel it was a consequence of playing a lot games without a break over years.
"I was happy with the second half of the season. I wanted to show everybody that I'm back. Winning the FA Cup means it was a successful year. I'm proud of that win.
"My best moment [of the season] was the first game back after my injury against Stoke City. The fans cheered a lot when I was brought on. That was a brilliant feeling and helped me a lot.
"From then on I understood: no matter what happened, the club and the fans are always with me.
"But the most important thing is the opinion of my coach. I have a lot more self-confidence when he is with me. I always had that feeling with Arsene Wenger."
Ozil has been deployed in a number of different position this season, across midfield and even as a slighter deeper central role to his preferred No.10, but is happy to perform whereever needed.
"My favourite position is No.10 but I would never try to play for myself or to persuade my coach," he added.
"Marco Reus had bad luck with an injury just before the world Cup so I had to play as a winger. I could've played much better elsewhere, but that wasn't important because we worked as a team."
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment