Tuesday 23 June 2015

Barca star Neymar says Brazil players have shown that they can win games and win Copa America without him

The Blaugrana star was banned following indecent conduct for for games subsequently ending his Copa dreams. But following a 1-0 win in their last game, he believes the team is well equiped to reach glory without him
"I think there's a lot of life in Selecao without Neymar. The players have shown that they can win games and win Copa America," the Barcelona forward told Jornal Nacional.
"Brazil has plenty of great players. I'm absolutely confident of this team and the players that are there representing it. They are all big names who'll take care of business."
Neymar then revealed the decision for him to leave Brazil's base had been a joint one, even as he defended his innocence over the unsavoury incident in Santiago.
"It was a family decision to leave," he continued. "I talked to my father, and then I told Dunga and team manager Gilmar Rinaldi. They agreed.
"Nothing happened at the tunnel, basically. I was inside of it, and waiting to ask the ref why he dismissed me. Then a huddle took place and security guards came in, thinking I was nervous, that I wanted to attack him.
"That's how it came to this."
Brazil will face Paraguay, the team that knocked them out on penalties at the same stage in 2011, this Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment