Sunday 21 June 2015

Official: Liverpool complete Gomez signing


The 18-year-old signs a "long-term" deal with the Reds, citing Brendan Rodgers' impact as a key reason in his decision to move to Anfield
Joe Gomez England Liverpool have completed the signing of young Charlton defender Joe Gomez.
The 18-year-old becomes Brendan Rodgers' fourth signing of the summer, in a deal believed to be worth £3.5 million (€4.9m).
Goal revealed on Thursday that the Reds were nearing a deal for the England Under-19 international, who has signed a 'long-term' contract at Anfield.
And Gomez told the club's official website: "It's a dream come true. It's a bit surreal and it hasn't really hit me yet. But I'm buzzing and just excited to get started.
"The club has got great history and it's a great club, and one that I've always been following from when I was young.
"The style of football and the top players here was somewhere that I wanted to go and get better and learn, and play good football. It was an easy decision.
"I know the Premier League is obviously a step up but hopefully I can take it in my stride. I know the tempo and the aggression might be a bit higher, but I'm ready to learn and I'm sure training with quality players at Liverpool now is only going to help me get better. So I'm looking forward to it."
The London-born centre-back also says Brendan Rodgers had a sizeable impact on his decision to move to the Reds.
"Being a young player, I know that opportunities can be slim sometimes. But under a manager like Brendan, it speaks for itself," he added. "That's why I was really keen to come here and play under him.
"I have met him once and he seemed really nice. It made me want to come here even more really. He just told me how good it is here and how he thinks he can help me get better, the opportunities I would get."
Gomez made 24 appearances for the Addicks last year in his breakthrough season of professional football.


No comments:

Post a Comment