Wednesday 27 May 2015

'A thief cannot call me corrupt' - Gov Amaechi replies Nyesom Wike

Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi says the governor elect of his state, Nyesom Wike cannot accuse him of being corrupt and wanting to probe him because according to him "a thief cannot call me corrupt". Wike had on Monday said in a press release that he will be probing Governor Ameachi once he assumes power as Governor on Friday May 29th.

Speaking yesterday May 26th at a public lecture at the Dr. Obi Wali International Convention Centre as part of the activities to mark his 50th birthday which is today May 27th, Gov Amaechi said he had being listening to Wike who should not forget was once his Chief of staff and that if he had no other records at all, he has the records of Wike while he served as his COS.


Governor Amaechi in his speech said he had never killed anyone and will never kill anyone for whatever reason.
"I have been listening to Mr. Nyesom Wike and I have been trying not to reply him. He has been accusing me of corruption and I have been trying to keep quiet over the issue of corruption. A thief cannot call me corrupt. The first lesson he needs to learn is that he was Chief of Staff to my government. If I have no records, I have records on him. One way we succeeded in moving this state forward was that we refused to probe Dr. Peter Odili’s government, despite the pressure on me to probe Dr. Odili’s government, because at the end of the day, they will not ask me the number of persons I probed, but what I did while in government.
This convention centre (built by his government) is one of the testimonies. If we had gone to the Obi Wali Cultural Centre (in Mile One, Diobu, Port Harcourt, now taken over by Sliverbird Cinema), the hall would have looked very full. This hall accommodates 2,200 persons. The convention centre is very big. On top of the roof is a plenty space for big parties, for those who want to organise ‘Owambe’ and there are many conference/committee rooms in the hall. “The road to Nyesom Wike’s father’s house was built by me.
A relation of mine was killed in front of Wike’s father’s house, during the 2015 general elections. I am a Christian. I have never killed anybody and I will never kill anybody. Instead of killing somebody, I will give up my ambition. Anybody’s life is greater than any ambition I will have on earth. Nigerians need to be honest and transparent. I recently had a conversation with my first son on the phone and he said he was proud of me, because they cannot write the history of Nigeria, and the transition from one civilian government to another, without including me.
I laughed and my son said everybody knew the role I played, the struggle and the fact that my family was torn into different parts and my children could not see me, but that they are proud to have a father like me. That, for me, is my greatest achievement. God did not put me to shame. I will be leaving office as Rivers Governor very proud. President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife (Dame Patience); Nyesom Wike; soldiers and police could not remove me from office. When I pray, in front of me all the time is God. That is why I am always victorious. If you want to fight me, you must first defeat God, which is impossible. Nobody can overcome God. I have won already.”he said




No comments:

Post a Comment