Wednesday 27 May 2015

I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country- GEJ

President Jonathan today said he can never be a party to the disintegration of Nigeria. He said his decision to concede defeat after the presidential election which he lost was because of his conviction that no matter his ambition, Nigeria comes first. Jonathan said this after he was decorated with the “Peace-Loving Global Citizen” award by the Universal Peace Forum led by lawyer, Mike Ozehkome.
"We have our challenges, of course. We had a national conference; the idea of the conference is to look at these weak cleavages we have in this country. And we just finished that conference and we are thinking about how to implement it so that Nigeria will become stronger and united nation.
I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country. I’m quite pleased with what has happened. We have a country; our country will be more united. I believe and do pray that the incoming government should appreciate the contributions of everybody and see how we run Nigeria as a country that belongs to everybody, for all citizens; irrespective of political persuasion or creed; so that is what I stand for. I took that decision (to concede to Buhari) because I told those around me that no matter the ambition, the nation comes first" he said




No comments:

Post a Comment