Monday 4 May 2015

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez: I'm not happy sitting on the Madrid bench

The Mexican is currently getting a run in Carlo Ancelotti's starting line-up but he could be dropped when Karim Benzema returns to full fitness
Javier Hernandez says he is currently happy at Real Madrid but warned he is not a player who is "content sitting on the bench".
The Mexico international joined the Blancos on loan from Manchester United last summer, with the option of a permanent switch to the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the 2014-15 campaign.

The striker saw little game time for most of the season but is presently impressing up front in the absence of Madrid's first-choice centre-forward, Karim Benzema.
Hernandez is thus delighted his patience has been rewarded but hinted that he will not stay in the Spanish capital if he is immediately dropped back to the bench when Benzema returns to full fitness.
"The season has been very complicated," the attacker told beIN Sport France. "But, in football, sometimes the wheel turns very quickly. And thank God, I now have more possibilities to play.
"My parents taught me that patience and perseverance are part of learning. Today, I feel very good.
"For many people, I was already finished here, but it was only the beginning. One must not lower one's head.
"I learn every day in this great club and all I am grateful to God for that. I know that at Real Madrid the competition is strong and the minutes are rare and my intention was never to complain.
"But, at times, I just expressed the frustration I felt. As I am not one to be content with sitting on the bench, I always want more."
Hernandez, who has netted four times in his last six appearances in all competitions, is now desperately hoping that he will keep his place up front for Tuesday's Champions League trip to Turin to face Turin, a side that he has the utmost respect for.
"Juventus are a top club in a major championship," he added. "They are not in the semi-finals by chance.
"They will be strong and they will be two tough matches."
-->


No comments:

Post a Comment