Sunday 24 May 2015

Mentally challenged homeless man needs help (photos)

A LIB reader from Port Harcourt writes in..
"There's this mentally unstable guy who lives around my area in Port-Harcourt. He lives under a tank, very close to a field. Yesterday morning, we noticed that he was lying motionless in a particular spot on the road. He's been there lying there un moving, even till now as I pen this email. People have been passing by just staring at him, not doing anything to help him. The man is still breathing. I think he needs urgent medical attention.

It rained heavily yesterday morning and all through last night. The man was there in the downpour. I'm afraid his condition is deteriorating. My brother took it upon himself to call the Rivers state emergency service, but he was told they didn't attend to "mad people". My brother argued that even being mad, the man was no less a human being and he was willing to foot the bill, but he was rudely told they were being owed 6 months salary before the call was rudely dropped.
I would take him to the hospital myself, but this being Nigeria, and knowing how the Nigeria police operates, they would probably accuse me of being culpable and it might take months for me to prove my innocence.
I would really appreciate it if you can put this out there, so the man can get the medical attention that he needs. Mad or not,he's still a human being after all.
I have attached pictures of the man and his exact location. (in front of no 3 field in township, PH)




No comments:

Post a Comment