Tuesday 16 June 2015

Embarrassment for Rita Ora as her old comments unfavourably comparing X Factor to The Voice emerge

It was revealed on Tuesday morning that Rita Ora had quit The Voice for rival TV show The X Factor but it wasn't long before old remarks came back to haunt her.
For just five months ago while promoting her role as a coach on the BBC One show, Rita threw some subtle shade at their ITV rival, claiming she joined The Voice because it was respected. 
She said: 'The respect levels for this show are really high. It is well received and respected by other artists. That is why I joined, because I really respected the format and how it musically connected to the contestants.' 
What will Simon Cowell say? Just five months ago new X Factor judge Rita Ora was subtly throwing shade at the show when she said she joined The Voice because it was 'respected'
What will Simon Cowell say? Just five months ago new X Factor judge Rita Ora was subtly throwing shade at the show when she said she joined The Voice because it was 'respected'
Uh oh: Simon is unlikely to be happy with Rita's comments but will be hoping she helps to pull in the viewers 
Uh oh: Simon is unlikely to be happy with Rita's comments but will be hoping she helps to pull in the viewers 
Rita's comments came after Simon Cowell had tried in vain to woo her as a judge on X Factor last season. 
Ora, who had filled in as a guest judge on X Factor in 2012, added: 'I don't know how X Factor works, I was only there as a guest judge for a day. But I watched The Voice a lot, I respected how it came across on TV and I love the freedom we get as coaches to do what we want.'
She added: 'I am really proud I was chosen to be on this show because I am lucky to be so successful.
'You now have the ability in 2015 to not only be a musician but also a movement and a brand.
'That's what the winner's record deal is. It is exposure, branding, being smart with your next move and working out where you want to be in ten years' time.
'That's what I am here to do and bring to the show.'
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment