Monday 13 July 2015

Official: Chelsea sign Begovic from Stoke on a four-year contract

Chelsea have confirmed they have completed the signing of Asmir Begovic from Stoke City with the goalkeeper signing a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge. We revealed in June that the Blues were in talks to sign the 28-year-old as a replacement for Petr Cech as the club's back-up goalkeeper.
Begovic has now made the move to Stamford Bridge and will join up with his new team-mates on their pre-season tour on Wednesday.
"I am very happy to be joining Chelsea FC," he told the club's official website. "After speaking at length to the manager, I feel like I can develop here and be an important part of this team.
"I am looking forward to meeting up with the team on Wednesday for the pre-season tour."

The goalkeeper also expressed his gratitute to Stoke and revealed why he had taken the decision to leave after five years with the club.
"I would like to say thank you to everyone at Stoke football club, the chairman and Coates family, Mark Hughes and Tony Pulis, goalkeeper coach Andy Quy, all my team-mates and especially the fans who have made me and my family so welcome," he wrote on Twitter.
"I have loved my time at Stoke, but I feel I had to take this opportunity for me to continue to develop and challenge myself as a player.
"I am very proud of what we have acheieved during my time at Stoke and it has been a great team of players to work with. I wish you all the best for the season ahead." 
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment