Thursday 2 July 2015

Arsenal GoalkeeperPetr Cech, 'I have at least 7 more years to play'

New Arsenal
The goalkeeper signed a long-term deal at the Emirates Stadium earlier this week after losing his starting place to Thibaut Courtois last season, ending a trophy-laden 11-year spell at Stamford Bridge.
signing Petr Cech has spoken of his desire to continue playing until he is at least 40 following his move from Chelsea.
Cech is now 33 years old and insists he will not contemplate hanging up his boots until he hits 40, though admits, like his move to Arsenal, you can never plan too far ahead in football.
"I don't want to speak about retirement for another seven years. That's my target and then I will see," Cech told reporters.
"You can have a plan, but sometimes, it doesn't turn out the way you want. This move is one of those things I didn't expect - but I'm glad it happened.
"In football you never know what's round the corner and retirement is something I don't plan. I'm just looking forward to my new challenge. I'll just go in, do my work and show I am worthy of a place."
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment